The BarrelandBlade.com Contest & Membership drive challenges members to help build and share ownership of BarrelandBlade.com by encouraging new members, promoters and advertisers to join. To reward members and those engaging in the competition the BarrelandBlade.com staff is giving away thousands of dollars in prizes for the following contests:
- Person who gets the most advertisers signed up on BarrelandBlade.com
- Person who gets the most promoters signed up on BarrelandBlade.com
- Person who gets the most people signed up for Full BarrelandBlade.com Memberships
- Person with the most referrals for signing up on BarrelandBlade.com
- Person voted best person in the forum by their peers
- And many other opportunities to win
- Competition Opens: Saturday High Noon CDT, October 9th, 2010
- Competition Ends: Friday Midnight CDT, December 17th, 2010
- Winners Announcement: Schedule dependant on prizes given away
Prizes include a brand new in the box Rock River Arms AR-15 rifle, several Frontsight firearms training certificates (www.Frontsight.com), Sports store gift cards, BarrelandBlade.com hats, T-shirts and free advertising on BarrelandBlade.com and other great prizes.
Judging will be performed by the BarrelandBlade.com staff. The winners of the more valuable prizes such as the AR-15 rifle and Frontsight Firearms training certificates will be announced on January 1st, 2011. Other prize winners and prizes will be awarded based on the individual contest over the period of the contest.
The Competition Rules provide complete information on the competition schedule, membership requirements, entry requirements, judging, prizes, and general conditions.
Current Big Show Journal advertisers and subscribers: If you are a current advertiser or subscriber to the Big Show Journal click on Membership at the top of the page and follow the instructions. You will be sent a link to your email address for establishing your username and password providing you with full access to the BarrelandBlade.com website and forum.
There are two ways to join BarrelandBlade.com. The first is the BarrelandBlade.com Full Membership. This level is value packed with the greatest benefits of everything we have to offer to you now and in the future. This includes access to both our websites: BarrelandBlade.com, ShowJournal.com and a subscription to our fantastic magazine the Big Show Journal.
The second way to join is the BarrelandBlade.com Forum Membership. The best attribute of our forum is you can move seamlessly between the website and the forum with out logging in and out or needing to have multiple usernames and passwords. The forum gives you a place to share knowledge and communicate directly with other members on any gun and knife related subjects. If you do not see a topic being discussed let us know and we can create it.
NOTE: To participate in the Membership Drive & Contest you need to at least join at the BarrelandBlade.com Forum Membership level. There is no cost to join at this level.
BarrelandBlade.com Full Membership
This is our most exciting and value packed membership level. At this level for only $24.95/year or $39.95/2 years you get access to our two great websites: BarrelandBlade.com and ShowJournal.com PLUS you will receive a subscription to the highly subscribed to the Big Show Journal magazine.
The Big Show Journal magazine is “America’s Most Accurate and Complete Gun and Knife Show Calendar Magazine!” In addition, the Big Show Journal introduces the reader to talented and unique individuals doing amazing things in the gun and knife industry. “The Gun Owners” section keeps you up to speed with the latest news impacting you with respect to the 2nd amendment, state to state gun regulations, new or pending legislature and politicians who speak out either pro or con for this industry. The Big Show Journal also highlights those people who make a difference in our country and lives with articles and fantastic interviews such as:
“For the Love of a Brother” – A true story written by John Horrigan about his twin brother Robert and how they both fought in Iraq. Robert lost his life fighting for our freedom while John went on to be a custom knife maker. In honor of his brother he created and named the “Robert Horrigan Fighter” knife after his brother. John and his many friends have also started organizations to honor Robert and help other wounded veterans back here at home.
The BarrelandBlade.com website is the brainchild of two brothers whom combined have over 75 years of knowledge in the gun, knife and hunting industry. Both worked in the corporate Internet Technology field for many years and chose instead to combine their knowledge and passions to create what they hope will be the ultimate one stop shop for everything you would ever want to see on a gun and knife website. There are big plans for the direction of where BarrelandBlade.com will go in the near future. In order to hit the ground running BarrelandBlade.com was deployed in its current state. We have been told this site far exceeds similar sites on the web. If you choose to be a member and share in their dream they promise to listen to your feedback and strive to make BarrelandBlade.com the only place on the web you will use for your interests in the gun and knife industry.
BarrelandBlade.com Full Member Signup – To enjoy this level of membership click on either the “Membership” tab at the top of the page or on the “Sign up for BarrelandBlade.com” ad in the upper right hand of this page.
BarrelandBlade.com Forum Membership
The BarrelandBlade.com Forum level membership provides you with access to the BarrelandBlade.com website and direct seamless access to the BarrelandBlade.com Forum. You only need one username and password to access the website and the forum. No logging in and out to go back and forth. At this level you can enjoy everything the pages of the BarrelandBlade.com website offer and the freedom to share your knowledge and experiences in the best gun and knife forum on the web. As we like to say our mission is “Connecting Enthusiasts of The Gun and Knife Industry Worldwide”. You can enjoy reading the knowledge packed articles, comment on challenging subjects in the blog and participate in stimulating conversations while communicating in our forum with other gun and knife advocates from around the world. If you do not see a topic being discussed let us know and we can create it.
Forum Member Signup – To sign up for the BarrelandBlade.com Forum Membership you can click on the ad in the upper left hand corner of the page or click on the “Forums” tab at the top of the page and join the forum.
- This Contest is open only to individuals, 18 years of age or older at the time of entry who are legal residents of the United States.
- Participants warrant that they are eligible to participate under the applicable law governing procurement of prizes and awards.
- BarrelandBlade.com, also known as the Organizer, reserves the right to disqualify any Participant if Organizer determines that Participant did not follow these Official Rules, or if Participant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of prize would violate applicable law.
- Participants may be required to submit proof of their eligibility.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- All entries and users will be verified and confirmed by the BarrelandBlade.com administration.
- The administration reserves the right to disqualify anyone.
- Entries must be submitted during the stated Submission Period on the BarrelandBlade.com site to be eligible.
- Only one entry per person. Entries will be verified. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Web site registration information provided by entrant must be true and correct. Submissions delayed past the submission deadline of the Contest Period will not be accepted for review.
Winning and Notification
- Failure to comply with any term or condition in these Official Rules will result in disqualification.
- Winners waive their right to receive a prize if they cannot be reached.
- The staff will make every attempt to notify winners by reasonable means using the contact information provided on the entrant.
- If for any reason a winner cannot be reached within ten days, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner.
- Winners will pay any applicable local, state and federal taxes, and any other charges including FFL transfer fees, and shipping of prizes.
- BarrelandBlade.com retains the right to substitute prizes of an equal or greater value. Prize(s) cannot be redeemed for cash.
Winning Rules and Requirements
- AR-15 Winner – The winner of the gun will be the person who gets the most customers signed up to advertise either on the web page, the forum or both. Advertising points will be counted based on ads placed per location. For example, the main pages of the web could include points for advertising on multiple pages, points for advertising in the forum or a combination of advertising on more than one page in the forum or main web pages. Each ad placed will count as one point. The accumulated points determines the winner. A minimum of 5 points is required to officially be qualified to win the gun.
- Referral Contest Winners – For the referral contest, you need to have to get the most people to sign up in the forum with valid information, those users you refer must post at least 5 times, and they cannot be a simple what’s up type of post. They must also have an intoduction thread introducing themselves, and then include who referred them. The person with the most referrals will win a Frontsight firearm training certificate.
- Other Contests-Prizes will also be awarded for: Most valid posts in the forum – minimum of 20 / week. Most threads participated in – minimum of 20. The person who is voted most beneficial to forum. The Best Thread (person who created it), voted by others. Weekly drawings. All promotional winners must have recorded a minimum of 20 posts in the Forums of BarrelandBlade.com during the stated dates or Winner will forfeit their prize at the Forum’s discretion and an alternate winner will be selected.
*** Please contact the staff at BarrelandBlade.com for any questions regarding clarification on any rule or requirements to win any prize. ***
General Terms and Conditions
- Participating in the Contest constitutes the participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win, and no obligation of any kind is implied beyond that which is stated herein.
- A SITE ADMINISTRATOR WILL RESOLVE ANY DISPUTES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THE CONTEST OR THE SELECTION OF WINNERS.
- All federal, state, local laws and regulations apply.
Uses of Personal Information
- Your Personal Information may be shared with our employees, independent contractors, agents as necessary to deliver Prizes to Winners.
- Otherwise, the Organizer will treat any and all personal information as confidential business information of BarrelandBlade.com and will not under any circumstances be given out, sold or shared with any organization or individual outside of the BarrelandBlade.com organization.
- If required by law, the Organizer will disclose the Personal Information in response to legal process, for example, in response to an order from a court or governmental body.
- Participant(s) agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than the administration of the Contest or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually by the administrator of BarrelandBlade.com only.
- This Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law, conflict of law or rules of provisions.
- These are the official Contest Rules.
- This Contest is subject to all federal, state, municipal laws and regulations.
- These Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable Federal, State and Municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having legal jurisdiction over the Sponsors.
Right to Modify/Terminate Contest
- The Administrator of BladeandBarrel.com reserves the right to modify scheduling of the contest without prior notice.
- The Adminstrator also reserves the right to terminate or suspend the contest without notice, at anytime and for any reason.